Cheese and Onion Quiche
A quiche is a savory egg custard baked in a flaky pie crust shell. The base of this quiche filling is milk, butter, and eggs with the addition of onions, cheddar cheese and mushrooms.
1 Oronoque Frozen Pie Shell
2/3 Cup Milk
2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
2 Cups Thinly Sliced Onions (2-3 Good Sized)
1/2 Bar Cheddar Cheese Shredded or 6-8 oz. package shredded mild Cheese)
1 16oz Can Drained Mushrooms (stems and pieces)
1) Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
2) Saute’ onion and mushrooms in some butter or margarine until tender, not brown, about 15 minutes
3) Drain onions and mushrooms and place in frozen pie crust
4) Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper and pour over onions
5) Top with shredded cheese and sprinkle with paprika
6) Bake on center rack at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.